Monday, February 14, 2011

An interview with appliqueheaven...


1) How did appliqueheaven come to be? 
" appliqueheaven is supposed to be all appliques and my other shop northernwarmthings is supposed to be things I make...however people keep buying appliques from both shops and i don't get much else done...that's ok...I love just doing...make and do...my first shop on etsy was selling mitt and moccasin patterns and what I had made but thhe price of shipping is so high it made me feel bad....so appliques for now."

2) What do you like Most about selling Supplies?
 "What I like the most is the people I meet and what they do with what they buy from me...interesting and creative. "
  
3) What are your Goals for your Supply Business for 2011?
 "My goal is always to do a good job and see what happens. I love having shops on etsy and meeting people all over the world. Once a buyer in Latvia told me her sewing machine didn't work and by email we fixed it...that was memorable.!! "

4) Are you an artist and do you work with the supplies that you sell? 
What is it that you make with them and do you have any tips for using your supplies?
 "I use the appliques I make...mostly on grandkids clothes and have made plain iron ons to patch my husband's clothes. I also use them in baby quilts that I make for gifts....and i have used them for greeting cards. I used some to decorate a hard plastic garbage can and that was fun. When our snow melts I plan to decorate some big rocks with appliques.

I love selling the appliques as supplies and see what buyers do with them...they often make kids' clothes and sell them in their own etsy shops. Some etsy shops use them to make hair clips or bibs or cards or you never know what next. I have regular buyers who use them for their own kids' clothes."

5) What do you do when you aren't selling supplies?
 "I am in my 60's and have been sewing since I was a kid and started on a treadle sewing machine. I love to sew leather and it is especially fun as it does not ravel and looks so rich. When I am not making appliques you will find me making quilts and the last one was bought by our bank manager. "

1 comment:

  1. I liked your Latvia sewing machine repair story. Isn't it amazing what we can do because of the internet !
    Your appliques are wonderful. It was nice knowing about the person behind them.
    Happy sewing..
    Rosita
    trimgoddess

    ReplyDelete